the groundsman

Friday, March 03, 2006

Sahara

6/10. Watched this on February 23 on DVD.

For what it is, this movie delivers, and I'm glad because this kind of adventure doesn't get made too often anymore. That said, it's hard not to think about what it could've been with a more experienced director and a stronger lead. (I always think of Matthew McConaughey as Ashley Judd's male alter ego, as they are both actors from the South who have squandered their talent. It's no surprise that they once dated.)

2 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 5:47 PM, Blogger Michael van Baker said...

Hah! I watched it again while housesitting last week. It's all about Steve Zahn; some of the movie's funniest moments come with him doing bits for his own amusement. And it's a fun adventure film with an interesting plot, so in that sense it beats out Happy, Texas.

 
At March 03, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Ian said...

It's true. It's all about Steve Zahn. Thankfully, he's not Sahara's Jar Jar Binks, but rather a fully-fledged and engaging character. If only he'd been the *main* character.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home